For the Spice:
- Allspice Berries x 1 tablespoon
- Black Peppercorns x 2 teaspoons
- Ground Cinnamon x 1 teaspoons
- Dried Thyme x 2 teaspoons
- Cayenne Pepper x 2 teaspoons
- Smoked Paprika x 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder x 1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar x 1 tablespoon
- Olive Oil x 2 table spoons
- Mango x 1
- Red Onion x 1
- Red Chillis x 4
- Negroni Marmalade x 4 teaspoons
For the salsa, dice the mango, red onion, red chilis and fresh coriander into small pieces. Mix in the Negroni Marmalade.
Choose a whole fresh fish (we recommend rainbow trout or mackerel) and ask your fish monger to gut and descale them for you. Score the fish with a sharp knife and spoon the jerk marinade over before grilling on the barbecue over a medium heat. A fish weighing about 500g will take 15-20 minutes.
Grill the fish on one side for half the cooking time or until the skin crisps before turning. When the fish is cooked and flakes easily remove from the grill and spoon on the spicy, sweet Negroni Marmalade mango salsa.
Recipe & Styling: @RobtheSnack